The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. SFC3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 9 | Last comment: 07-13-2010 at 21:02
Joined: March 23rd, 2004
|me to................... |
|Guest (CPE0006259a50c7-CM0012c9ab6030.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com) |
Joined: December 31st, 1969
|as am i........................... |
|Guest (adsl-69-106-221-233.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net) |
Joined: December 31st, 1969
|Whenever I select new in the file submenu I get a error message saying |
Map File Error:
Classes Not Found
Map Definition Not Found
Cell Definition Not Found
How Do I Fix This?
Joined: September 19th, 2006
|Ok is this for making new Conquest Maps for Single or Mulit Player? and If for Single Where do you save the File to? how do you get it into the game? Need more Directions for the Editor. |
Also, Help File is missing.
@4: Make sure you have both files that are in the Download in the same Folder than try again.
Joined: September 4th, 2006
|This editor is for folks who are ace at programming, etc. Not very user friendly for novices wanting to start out. The program is missing help/instruction files. Not impressed. |
Joined: August 23rd, 2008
|The mapmaker is pretty simple, TBH. But without any instructions it can be a little confusing at first. Here are a few helpful hints to help out: |
1) When you first create a new map it gives you two choices: A) Map(generic format) and B) Starfleet Command Metaverse Map. You MUST choose B, as generic maps will not work in SFC3.
2) The next choice is your height/width. These really dont matter, but keep in mind that the larger the map, the longer it will take to load in game, and if you make it too big, it might not load at all. Just as a reference, the map that all races use for Conquest mode is 60 width x 30 height.
3) Next you get to chose the cell(or hex) properties for your map, and this is the most complex part of the map making process. That said, it can be very simple if you know what your doing. I recommend that you go straight down the list and double-click each property, which should add it to the box on the right.
Once you have done this, I suggest that you go back and add some Terrain and Planets. You could do this later by hand, but it is much easier if you do it here. I personaly like to add a mix of black holes, asteroids, and nebulas to my maps, as well as a decent amount of planets.
After you have double-cliked on every property(which should have added it to the box on the right), I recommend going back to your terrain option and adding three additional slots to the original slot(they should all read "none" at this point). Then set the second slot to "black hole", the third slot to "asteroid 1", and the fourth slot to "nebula 1". Now, grab the slider for the first slot(which should read "none", and drag it down to 70%. This should have automaticly adjusted the sliders for the other three slots to 10%. What this means is that your map will have 70% empty space, and the other 30% will be made up of a random combination of black holes, astroids, and nebulas.
Next I suggest going back to the Planet property and adding one additional slot. Set the second slot to "Homeworld 1", and then adjust the slider for the first slot(which should be none" to 70%, which should ajust the slider for "Homeworld 1" to 30%. This means that 30% of the hexes in your map will have planets, which the other 70% will be empty.
4) Once you have done all this, you are ready to hit the next button at the bottom. You now have a chance to control the placement of the items you just chose on your map. However, I suggest that you simply skip this step, which will make the seeding of terrain and planets completely random. Click finish to go to the next step.
5) You should now be looking at a map, and if you zoom in all the way("+" and "-" control zoom) you will see that some hexes have planets, black holes, asteroids, and nebulas, while others do not. This is how you want it.
6) Now you are ready to decide where you want your different empires/races to be on the map. Click the "cell property" button at the top, and then select "region" on the first slider. The second slider will now show a list of all the availible empires. Select the Empire you want to start with, then click on a hex in the map and you will see the color change to that of the Empire. You can change hexes one at a time, or you can hold down your left mouse button and drag your mouse over multiple hexes if you want to do it more quickly. If you accidently go farther than you wanted, you can select "nuetral" from the second slider and "erase" any Empire's hexes that you colored. Repeat this same process for every empire you want on your map.
7) The last thing you need to do is give each Empire a few starbases. To do this, click the first slider and select "base" from the list. Your second slider should now read "none". Now pick the type of base you want(I recommend Starbase), and add a few bases to each Empire by clicking on hexes in that Empire's space. The more Starbases an Empire has, the more ships it will produce.
8) Once you have gotten your map the way you want it, click the "save" button at the top and choose "text". Then save your map to the "MetaAssets" folder in your main SFC3 directory.
9) To play your map in game, you will need to go into the AssetsScriptsCampaigns folder, and open one of the race's conquest file. You will notice that in the file it has:
You need to replace the name "Multi" with whatever the name of your map is, however you need to leave the .mvm extention. This will allow you to play your map with the race whose conquest file you just altered. If you want to play as the other races, you will need to alter their conquest files the same way.
From: (New York)
Joined: November 4th, 2006
|Question i recently became interested in making my own maps, I have done it before but that was back in windows 98, 2000 days, is this incompatible with vista or something? It simply isn't working. |
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
From: (Gran Mendoza)
Joined: April 19th, 2008
|Hey guys? is there a map/mission editor for SFC 1 and 2? |
thanks a mil.
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!