|SFC2 TNG Multi Era Mod (Part 1) - File Description
| Tech: 10 |
Item Placement: 10
Size vs. Usefulness: 7
Installation Instructions: 10
Overall Rating: 9.4
Ok this is the first part of Chris Jones amazing multi era mod that is a must get if your on any thing above 56k (try to get it even if you are on 56k) it adds tons of ships from each era and new sounds. you'll need to download this, part 2 of the models (will be uploaded later) and some other updates to get the entire mod, install instructions are in the readme.
(this file originally uploaded by Book)
|SFC2 TNG Multi Era Mod (Part 1) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|SFC2 TNG Multi Era Mod (Part 1) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Just a few downloads. The first two are BIG. Models downloads..
(sorry no smaller versions here)
1. MODELS ( 378(part 1) and 81 megs(part 2)) (click the bat file and once the .rar is made extract to assets\models in your game directory)
2. SPECS/GRAPHICS/AUDIO/MORE MODELS (71 Meg)
3. May 2003 update (200 megs)
4. October 2003 Corrected Shiplist
Browse to your game directory for the specs install (default install is: C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II.) The May 2003 update will automatically detect where SFC2 is on your PC.
Keeping up with the times..
The Multi Era Mod has 2036 files for the original batch.
THERE WILL BE SEVERAL BATCH FILES ON YOUR DESKTOP AFTER THIS INSTALL.
ORIG (2036 files)
A FEW SINGLE PLAYER MISSIONS WILL BE COPIED INTO YOUR SCRIPTS DIRECTORY... The Era they are to be used in is self-explanatory.
The audio installs to a directory called
Make a backup of the sounds.txt file that is in your assets\sound directory, although one is included in the specs download. Just to be safe. Also make backups of the SFCSounds and SFCVoice ZIP files. Just in case.
You need to have WINZIP installed on your computer to do this next part.
1. Open Winzip, and open the archive, C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II\Assets\Sound\SFCSounds.zip
2. Once you see a lot of wav files in Winzip, click on Add.
3. A dialogue box appears, browse to the directory C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II\SFC2AudioAll\new sounds, and make sure it says *.* in the file name area. Also -- In the Action box, make sure it says, ‘Add (and replace) files.
4. MAKE SURE THE COMPRESSION RATIO IS SET TO "NONE". IF you don't do this, the sounds won't work, and if you didn't make a backup of the sfcsounds.zip - NO SOUND..
FOLLOW THE EXACT SAME PROCEDURE FOR THE VOICES, only browse to the directory C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II\SFC2AudioAll\new voices, and open the archive C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II\Assets\Sound\SFCVoice.zip
5. Click "Ok", WinZip adds to and updates the archive.
6. Run any era's batch file - all set!
HERE'S WHAT THIS MOD IS ALL ABOUT!!
SFB - This uses a lot of models of Ghost Fox and crew at Fleetdock 13 - it is not a totally accurate SFB representation - but is a lot of fun..
TOS - This uses a lot of the original Newships Project models and an assortment of others
and also features the NCC-1701 by various authors.
TMP - many different models to chose from here including the newest FCA I could find at Press-time - Wicked Zombie's work of art.. Moonraker, etc.. There is custom TMP era audio here.
TNG - Not the same as the stand-alone TNG. A few updates of models, audio..
This is not just a new shiplist. There's a new ftrlist, several new weapon and damage texture graphics, and TNG single player campaign files.
Read me for the TNG shiplist::
There are 16 races total in the this mod. Each of the eight main races has another race 'tacked on' to it. Here's the breakdown...
Klingon-K/House of Duras/Korgath-DR/KG
Each race has its own designation letter, as noted above. The single player campaigns have been adjusted for TNG, and because of the doubling up of the races, the campaigns should be interesting to say the least. The specs include batch files that will install to the game directory. TNG will copy all required files for TNG single and multiplayer play, and single player campaign play. I have not changed the map.
Each race has the Eric Mistal landscapes available in the Dreadnought section. It is best to select the landscape as an AI enemy in single player. If you have allies make sure you tell them to match your target or they will fire on the landscape!
There will not be a Dynaverse server for this mod. This is designed for single player skirmish and campaign play, and of course multiplayer on Gamepsy or even the new Mplayer-Arabia.
With the secondary races (Maquis, Duras, etc..) the weapons don't always appear in the same places as the same ship in a major empire would. The UIs are a bit different and not all weapons are visible to you or your enemy. I think this makes playing as or against those races quite mysterious and challenging.
This Dominion Wars will be updated from the stand-alone version except that - to save a little bit on download size (haha) I pointed the model Geometry to the tng folder.. all the models are the same anyway.. TNG era alliances are in place with the Cardassians on the side of the Dominion.. Races selectable by actual name:
Borg (had to put something Dominion War era in the Gorn slot!!)
MULTI-ERA SHIPLIST!! This one is mucho fun -- look for a single player mission entitled, 'Ultimate Battle'
All the eras in one shiplist..
Early Era - TOS
Middle - TMP
Late - TNG
Race Breakdown for Multi-Era Shiplist
Audio for this shiplist will be TNG.
Starfleet Command II: Empires at War by Taldren
All Modifications by Chris Jones and friends..
Thanks to the modelers without whose dedication to the game this would not be possible..
As you select a ship to play the model author will be displayed in the refit section -- Of course a description of the ship will be displayed as well.
|SFC2 TNG Multi Era Mod (Part 1) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. SFC3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 4 | Last comment: 06-05-2008 at 16:54
From: (Greenfield, IN)
Joined: April 20th, 2004
|I truly wonder if it's worth the time and space. |
Joined: March 15th, 2008
|this makes no sens |
Joined: March 15th, 2008
| Crogram FilesTaldrenStarfleet Command IISFC2AudioAllnew sounds |
Joined: March 15th, 2008
|does not exist sorry for triple post |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!