|SFC3 Upgrade Mod 2.3 (2.3) - File Description
| Description: |
This mod was developed as an expansion to SFC3: new conquest mode missions, a few new ships (almost all are canon, not a gazillion fan made kitbashes), faster gameplay and a 7 race map for conquest mode. Ships of the new races (Dominion, Cardassian and Ferengi) are also playable in skirmish mode as are all of the original ships. Game balance is mostly intact, except that large slow ships will have a better chance of hitting smaller, faster ships (I never liked the idea that 2 or 3 frigates could defeat a battleship by circling around it).
Version 2.3 is the definitive version of this mod
| || || |
|SFC3 Upgrade Mod 2.3 (2.3) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|SFC3 Upgrade Mod 2.3 (2.3) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|SFC3 Upgrade Mod 2.3 (2.3) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Buildt time ~2 months
This is my shot at making a decent expansion for Star Trek Starfleet Command 3. I've also included some tools I used when making this mod.
1) All weapons are 50% more powerful,
2) All impulse engines are 50% faster.
3) Shields regenerate a faster.
4) Ships and stations are easier to hit, especially the smaller ones (it should give large ships a better chance against "mosquito attacks" but really doesn't upset game balance too much).
5) Conquest mode now features a variety of new missions, mostly done by The Pelikan and El-Karnak, the casino mission has been removed from conquest mode.
6) The Dominion, Cardassians and Ferengi are added as non-playable races: you will encounter them during conquest mode on the new 7 races map and their ships are playable in skirmish mode (under the race slots of the Klingons and the Federation).
7) In conquest mode alliances will be fixed and setup as follows: relations between the stock races will remain the same as in the original game, the Cardassians are allied to the Romulans and Ferengi and hostile to everyone else,
the Dominion are allied to the Ferengi and hostile to everyone else, the Ferengi are allied to everyone except the Borg, don't trust the Ferengi though: when they're in your fleet you'll never know which side they will choose in battles,
unless you're fighting the Borg.
8) Pirates and Rakellians will now use Ferengi shuttles
9) The following ships will be added:
Federation: Ju'day class corvette (PG), more widely known as the raider used by the Maquis, slightly weaker than the Saber class. It is only playable in skirmish mode,
but you will encounter raiders crewed by pirates in conquest mode.
Runabout gun boat (PG), only playable in skirmish mode, slightly weaker than the Ju'day class
Nova class (FF), Olympic class (FF), same specs as the Saber class
Miranda class (DD), same specs as the Norway
Steamrunner class (CL) and Centaur class (CL), same specs as the original Intrepid class, the Intrepid class itself gets 100 more mass to spend on weapons,
the Defiant class gets 250 more mass to spend on shields and the orientation of its primary hardpoints has been changed
Ambassador class (BC), same specs as Nebula class
Saurian class (BC), a Gorn ship with Romulan weapons, slightly more powerful than the Nebula class
Heavy Sovereign class (BB), almost identical to the original Sovereign (which is still present), but slightly more powerful weapons and better hardpoints
Prometheus class (BB), same specs as the Heavy Sovereign class
Klingons: Heavy Negh'var (BB), almost identical to the original Negh'var (which is still present), but slightly more powerful weapons and better hardpoints
Romulans: Valdore class (CA), slightly more powerful than the Hawk class
Ferengi: D'Koren class (identical FF and DD versions), same model as the Marauder, slightly weaker than the Saber class
D'Kora class (identical CL and CA versions), the original Marauder with a full loadout (Federation weapons only), slighlty weaker than the Centaur and Steamrunner classes
Dominion: Jem'Hadar Attackship (identical FF and DD versions), weaker shields and armor but with slightly more powerful weapons and more maneuverable than the Saber class
Breen Patrol Ship (CL), slightly less powerful than the K'Tinga class
Breen Warship (CA), slightly more powerful than the Fek'lhr class
Jem'Hadar Battlecruiser (identical BC and DN versions), same specs as the Nebula class
Jem'Hadar Battleship (BB), slightly more powerful than a Heavy Sovereign
Pirates: Pirate Raider (FF), identical to the Ju'day class
Ferengi Privateer (DD), identical to the original Marauder
Breen privateer (CL), identical to the Breen Patrol Ship
Pirate Heavy Cruiser (CA), same specs as the default Akira class
Cardassians: Hideki class (FF), same specs as the Saber class
Son'a Destroyer (DD), same specs as the Norway class
Galor class (CL), same specs as the Centaur and Steamrunner classes
Keldon class (identical CA and BC versions), same specs as Akira class
Son'a Dreadnaught (DN), same specs as the Galaxy class
Hutet class (BB), almost identical to the Heavy Sovereign
Borg: The Doomsday Machine (BB), a slow moving but very powerful monster. It is only playable in skirmish mode but will make an appearance as a monster in conquest mode
where it will occassionally replace the stock monster.
NOTES: when a ship has identical versions for different hull classes this is purely meant for the AI in conquest mode, you will only have one version available in skirmish mode.
In skirmish mode Breen ships will be availabe under the Klingon race slot, all Jem'Hadar, Cardassian, Son'a and Ferengi ships will be available under the Federation's race slot.
All races have the stations they need to make conquest mode run smoothly, the bases are all custom designs.
The heavy versions of the Federation and Klingon dreadnaughts were meant to make conquest mode more enjoyable: when you have a BB join your fleet you know you're getting your
race's most powerful ship with a full loadout, you'll need them to engage enemy battleships and bases.
By identical specs I mean the same hullspace for systems: hardpoints and their orientations may differ.
Deep Space 9 is included in this mod but is only available throug fleetpick.
All ships and stations have damage textures and break models.
10) Most of the planets have new textures.
11) Pulse phasers Klingon, disruptors and photon, gravitmetric and quantum torpedoes have new textures.
12) Shields are blue now, but will turn red when almost depleted.
13) Fleets in conquest mode can now hold up to three ships of any hull class, even BB's.
14) Assaulting bases and planets will now turn those sectors over to your side more quickly.
15) You will now start conquest mode in a ship with a full equipment loadout, of the same class as in the original game.
16) Sensor ranges of all bridge computer types have been increased.
17) Phasers and Romulan disruptors are thinner.
18) Ships with new models and textures are the Fek'lhr, Nebula class, Akira class, Galaxy class, Sovereign class, Warbird, Borg Sphere, Borg Cube, Excelsior class, Intrepid class, Saber class,
Norway class, Vor'cha and the Defiant class.
19) Freighters now have better phasers and hull armor.
20) All battleships (BB) now come with a full equipment loadout and fully stocked with shuttles, mines and marines.
21) AI ships with full equipment loadouts will now cross your path from time to time in conquest mode.
22) I've added some more escort ships in the impossible (in the patched version of the game anyway) mission "Elusive Quarry" to make it beatable. This script does not require
my upgrade mod, so anyone can use it.
23) Waiting time before conquest mode missions has been reduced.
24) Officers can now take more damage.
25) Only M-Class planets will be featured in planetary assault missions, the Borg will always be defending an assimilated planet, sometimes the planet you're attacking will have
additional defenses, in that case you will receive an AI helper fleet.
26) The distress call and scan missions have been made more challenging and feature ships from all your race's enemies as does the surprised reversed mission.
1) Reinstall the game unless it's the original version (no mods).
2) Install patch 534b.
3) Install fleetpick (you don't have to to make this mod work but it's a nice skirmish scenario editor and if you install it do it before you delete the .Cache files in Assets/Scripts).
4) Copy all files to the right folders.
5) Delete both .Cache files (if present) in Assets/Scripts.
NOTE: This mod will overwrite you customloadout file, be sure to back your custom ships up, write their configs down and you can add them after the mod is installed.
The Ferengi and Dominion empires will use Federation shuttles. There's nothing I can do about that since these functions seem to be hardcoded.
El-Karnak and The Pelican for their mission scripts, Pelican also wrote the 9 races map tutorial.
CaptainFiredrake: Blue shields.
Brad Villa: Tutorial.
Ghostrider: Weapon textures.
Darkdrone: Ferengi shuttle, Ferengi base stations, Breen Patrol Ship, Breen Warship, Dominion base stations, Deep Space 9, Ferengi freighter,
Son'a Destroyer, Son'a Dreadnaught, Centaur, Planets, Runabout, Galaxy, Warbird, Nebula.
Redragon: Breen Patrol Ship, Breen Warship, Jem'Hadar Battleship, Jem'Hadar Battlecruiser, Nova, Sovereign
Kane: Dominion freighter (Karemma), Cardassian base stations.
Nine of Nine: Jem'Hadar Attackship, Defiant.
Zorg: Hideki, Galor, Keldon, Cardassian shuttle, Cardassian freighter, Hutet, Ju'day/raider.
ThomasTheCat: Cardassian base stations, Intrepid
Rick Knox: Gorn Saurian, Ambassador, Miranda, Steamrunner, Akira, Norway.
DarkMatrix: Borg Cube.
Interstellar Machine: Olympic.
ModelsPlease: Dominion shuttle and various others.
Chris Jones: Prometheus.
Taldren, Ritual Entertainment, Microprose and Activision.
Fallen_Warrior: Planets, Doomsday Machine.
Cleeve: Vor'cha, Saber.
This Mod and server conatins BETA unreleased material which is protected by the initial install End User Licensed Agreement of Starfleet Command III. Licensed material included in this Mod is not authorized by Taldren or Activision to be stripped, reverse engineered and inserted into nonauthorized materials as such uses are considered to be illegal. This Mod is authorized by Taldren for use in Single Player, Multi Player and the Server in which it was developed to be used with. Material used outside the specifications listed or reverse engineering can result in penalties such as IP address banning from Dynaverse, Banning from Taldren Forums, Computer and Software Confiscation, Federal Copywrite Infringement Lawsuit charges with punishment including a fine not to exceed $250,000. Please use this mod for only the purpose intended.
This notification is defined as a Non Disclosure Agreement. Balancing issues, graphical issues such as UI placement or locations of where the weapons fire is considered to be public information and can be posted in public.. hard coded material such as map item interaction, etc, which are unchangable by the Server Admin is considered private information and can only be discussed via Email with any Taldren Beta Test member, Taldren Admin Staff, or the Server Administrator and is not to be posted in any forum that is accessable to the public, whether of not the forum is public or private. Game bugs found when using should be Emailed to the creator of the mod or posted on their forum only due to this being an Unreleased Test Build covered with this NDA. Since this is a Mod, Certain components are licensed material. Components that are not licensed IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION OR TALDREN. Please check with Server Admin about which components are Licensed and which are not.
Clicking below agreeing to install, you are bound to the terms as stated and covered and you are bound by NDA until such time as the licensed material is released publically by Activion or Taldren or Notification that NDA has been lifted.
YOU WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO RESELL OR REDISTRIBUTE ANY PART OF THIS MOD. You have my permission to use this mod for your own mods as you see fit but other modders mentioned in the credits will want you to credit and/or contact them before using their work.
NOTE: Artifex.exe (map editor) only works under Windows XP, watch tabs and spacing in loadout files!
|SFC3 Upgrade Mod 2.3 (2.3) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. SFC3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 4 | Last comment: 11-07-2011 at 19:46
Joined: February 12th, 2005
|Just wanted to tell you how much I'm enjoying your mod. It's fun to blow Ferengi ships to dust in the darkness of space, again! One quick question: Should I disable visual themes in Windows XP? There are long pauses in loading, and in the refit screens. However, battle works perfectly well. Once again, good work, and thanks. |
Joined: November 7th, 2011
|i downloaded this mod but have no idea how to install it. i dont know where to copy files or anything thing else. please please help me |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!