|alternate universe mod (1.0) - File Description
| Quality: 5 |
Size vs. Usefulness: 5
Overall Rating: 4.8
Alernate universe mod is just other mod for sfc using the same ships as all the other ones on the site
nothing that makes it stand out for the rest
if you looking for new ships you will only find a few in the mod most are what been used before
by the name i was thinking it was a mirror universe mod but i was wrong just other tng mod
its worth looking at just for what they added but if you after anything more you wont like it
It does come with a installer which is good and you can unistall it too
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE IS ON THE 531 BUILD YOU WILL NEED TO INSTALL A FRESH COPY TO PLAY ON THE SERVER
HOW EVER IF YOU HAVE A GERMAN VIRISION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET ON THE SERVER MABY SOME ONE OVER THERE
WILL PUT UP A SERVER FOR YOU IN THE FURTURE YOU MUST HAVE A US OR UK VERSION TO PLAY ON THE SERVER.
REALY BIG THANKS TO WATERTIGER AND UNITY FOR THE EXTRA BORG SHIPS THEY ARE REALY COOL
HAVEING PROBLEMS YOU CAN CONTACT HELP ON TEAM SPEAK IP ADDY IS 22.214.171.124:8767
ALTERNATE UNIVERSE IS A FUN SERVER IF YOU LIKE SLOW SHIPS WITH A TOP SPEED OF 30 OR LESS
THEN YOU PROBLY WONT LIKE THIS MOD THE SHIPS ARE FAST AND WELL LOADED WE HAVE A LOT OF NEW MISSIONS THANKS TO
THE PELICAN HE IS THE ADMIN FOR DOMINION WARS
|alternate universe mod (1.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|alternate universe mod (1.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Released 22 April, 2004
Install instructions :
1. Uninstall versions of SFC 3 off your system using Add / Remove Programs.
2. Delete the SFC 3 game folder off your system.
3. Reinstall SFC 3 from game disk.
a) Do not install Direct X 8.1 or Gamespy Arcade
b) make sure your Direct X version is Direct x 9.0b. Reinstalling Direct X 9.0b is recommended.
4. Install SFC 3 Patch 1.01 Beta 2 Build 500
a) Do not install SFC 3 Direct X 9 Fix. It will cause game to corrupt.
b) Do not install Borg Mini Campaign. It will cause game corruption.
c) Do not install Nemisis Add On Pack. It will cause game corruption.
5. Right click the SFC 3 desktop shortcut, right click, select properties, click compatibility tab.
Click "Disable Visual Themes" then click OK.
6. Make sure your drivers are up to date from the manufacturer of your video card.
Do not use drivers released by Microsoft.
7. Use the SFC3_Patch_1.01_Beta_2_Build_v531_Full.exe (installer made by Pestalence, Taldren Beta
30 December 2003
SFC3 Patch version 1.01 build 531
1) De-Borgified 4th race no longer gets free hull repair.
2) Switch put in to enable random missions when enemy is present in hex.
3) 60sec max wait time for mission start (up from 40).
24 October 2003
SFC3 Patch version 1.01 Build 529
1) The only change *should* be the glows being enabled for de-Borgified 4th race.
15 October 2003
SFC3 Patch version 1.01 Build 528
1) Banking ships for the Borg Slot.
13 October 2003
SFC3 Patch version 1.01 Build 527
1) new .gf setting which allows turning off of Borg regen armor.
22 October 2003
SFC3 Patch version 1.01 Build 525
1) Officers not recovering from injuries - fixed.
2) Cheat: using universal starbase warp engines in starships giving massive amounts of power - fixed.
3) Large number of starships in base and planetary missions cause lag - reduced number of defense ships but made them larger on average.
4) Klingon disruptors will miss a ship going at warp - fixed.
5) Increased proximity torpedo bonus from 20% to 30%.
6) Crash: Klingon first mission crashes when you attack the uninhabited planet - fixed.
7) Allied AI ships are not in a human fleet at the start of a mission - fixed.
8) Warp core too vulnerable - fixed.
9) Triple shot is not happening enough - fixed
10) Plasma Torpedoes do not hit often enough - fixed
11) Romulan medium and heavy plasma torpedoes fire triple too much - fixed
12) Romulan triple shot never hits with all three - fixed
13) Dynaverse - Lieutenant Commander rank needs t be abbreviated to Lt. Cmdr - fixed.
14) Cinematics Campaign End movies do not play - fixed.
15) Dynaverse - Player can get head start on opponent at start of game - fixed.
16) If two allied races had a successful co-op mission with the same Victory result in a neutral hex, the result would be a draw - fixed.
17) Pirate's have the same map color has the Federation - fixed.
18) Downgrading your ship, or removing components from it, while the server setting "CanBenefitFromDowngrade=1" is set in
the Economy.gf file causes both your lifetime and current prestige to go up, instead of just your current prestige.
This causes the player to stop being promoted if their lifetime prestige exceeds that needed for the next rank - fixed.
19) Stardate "Freezes" when restarting using a saved game - fixed.
20) Confusing Text "...ship is of a higher class and can't join your fleet" - fixed.
21) Your AI Fleet-Members can Decline you from Joining in a Battle - fixed.
22) Borg Base Fast Cutting Beams Charging at Slow Rate - fixed.
23) Failing a scan or distress call mission in a neutral hex causes the hex to flip to the player anyway - fixed
24) AI does not repair non-weapon systems - fixed.
25) Planets named U.S.S. <insert name here> or IKV <insert name here> etc. - fixed.
26) Neutral planets in empire hex do not turn to Player's Empire - fixed.
27) Ships stop in space sputtering around speed 0 - fixed.
28) Must play missions do not stop the player from moving (mission dragging) - fixed.
29) Scan missions in asteroid hexes having multiple black holes present - fixed.
30) Bonus prestige in missions with more than 2 attacking teams is not being caluclated correctly - fixed.
31) Game instability When Attacking Planets - fixed.
32) After being moved to a "Safe Location" with a Starbase or Planet after a battle you are not able to refit or repair - fixed.
33) Borg Cube loads in with System Damage Every Time - fixed.
34) AI's do not start in tactical fleeted up with humans they are fleeted - fixed.
35) Players frequently get stuck "in battle" when they click "done" - fixed.
|alternate universe mod (1.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. SFC3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 4 | Last comment: 10-01-2004 at 04:49
Joined: December 29th, 2003
|lol... "Do not install DirectX 9 fix". how the hell will 98% of the sfc3 population suppose to be play the game, without the fix installed? I cant think of any reason for anyone to still use DirectX 8. |
From: (Waggaman, LA.)
Joined: April 26th, 2004
|Eh, install it anyway. Hasn't been a problem for me. |
Joined: June 13th, 2004
|i have Directx 9.0c, and i have no problem playing with out the directx9 fix |
|Guest (126.96.36.199) |
Joined: December 31st, 1969
|The 531 build has the Direct X 9 fix with it, and the Alternate universe mod has the 531 build incorporated. It beats having to install 10 things just to get the game working, right? |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!